Friday, March 09, 2007

Lip Locked In Piccadilly

My friend E has a theory that the reason O didn't call me again was because I kissed him on the first date. Apparently that sort of thing gives the wrong impression and one must remain aloof and cool in order to ensure a sufficient level of mystery for them to book a second date. Frankly I thought it was not sleeping with them but what do I know? She's French, very cosmopolitan and dates voraciously so I thought I'd bear her advice in mind for my date with P. We met last night in sprawling Piccadilly Circus. The first impression was good; although he didn't look exactly like his photos he was attractive (and tall!). We settled down with mojitos and the conversation flowed extremely easily. I found out I was his third date from the website and although he hadn't had as bad an experience as me he had experienced a pretty rough evening with one girl. I was already at an advantage!
By the time we ordered the second bottle of red wine, and split the cost of a pack of Lucky Strikes (yep - I smoked) our body language was screaming attraction. Legs crossed towards each other, lots of hair stroking (me not him) and lip gazing. He kissed me halfway through the second bottle and we didn't stop kissing for almost two hours. God he was good. I've noticed something with men I've kissed recently and that's that they all seem terrified of using their tongue. As if there's been so much negative propaganda about the right way to do it; not too hard or soft, no licking the face, don't let it just lie in her mouth like an oyster etc etc, that now they're all too damn scared to even attempt a delicate lip-lick. Well not P and thank goodness. It wasn't rough or unwelcome, it was sensuous and delicious - just the right amount.

We left the bar at midnight and wandered outside to try and find cabs. This activity was severely delayed due to our inability to keep our hands off each other. We would stop every few yards and kiss again. We stood on the roundabout in the middle of the haring traffic, under the bright lights of the Sanyo sign and the gaze of Eros and kissed for ages. I felt completely teenage which was lovely. I was also quite drunk which was not. It was now fast approaching 1am and I had still made no effort to find a way home. With great difficulty, I tore myself away and hailed a cab. We swapped texts all the way home and today he asked to see me on Sunday. We're planning a mid afternoon meet in lovely Notting Hill. Cosy pub, good conversation and hopefully more delicious kissing.

I told P about E's first date/kissing theory and he eloquently declared it to be 'bollocks'. Something which he's proven today by contacting me. E has revised her advice and said that I am permitted to continue kissing him in a wanton fashion but I'm not allowed to sleep with him until the fifth date. I'm quite keen to try this as I do tend to sleep with men early due to stupidly low self esteem. Whether or not I'll manage that with a kisser as good as P remains to be seen.

No comments: