Monday, March 19, 2007

The Funk Continues


I have screwed up at work. Actually, scratch that, I haven't screwed up I'm just being made to feel like I have. I think the common term is 'scapegoat'. I'm organising a conference for one of the teams I work for and something's happened which now means the company may well end up footing the bill for something they're not actually doing. I can't say too much about it but suffice to say I am confident that I did everything I was asked to do and the issue is a lack of communication elsewhere. But of course, that doesn't really matter. I'm a PA and therefore the lowest life form and ripe for buck-passing. I wouldn't mind so much but there is now a definite frostiness in that particular team's dealings with me. I'm organising another conference for them due to take place in a couple of months and they're now communicating with me as though I were mentally subnormal - saying everything slowly and checking and double checking. It's frustrating in the extreme because I'm not an ignorant or stupid individual and always try to be professional so it's galling when despite your best efforts you still end up eyeball-deep in the proverbial. I have resolved to keep my head down until it's all over. I can't cope with people thinking I'm stupid or that I've made a mistake. I've actually lost sleep over it which is ridiculous but shows how invested I am in this job. So invested I came in on Saturday afternoon, but that's more to do with not having much of a social life at the moment.

Speaking of which I have another date tonight. Unfortunately my heart's not in it but I've already postponed the thing once so I really should make the effort. I'm not sure I even fancy this guy but he reminded me of an ex I used to get on really well with which I think swung it for me. Must plaster on a smile and do my best - my current mood is neither his fault nor his problem. Thinking about it, my weekend of isolation probably wasn't the brightest idea.

No comments: